Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Tsunami Relief/The True Spirit Of Giving.

I'm sure everyone knows about the Indonesian Tsunamis and the disaster that they have created in their wake.

I know that everyone has just spent money on Hanukkah/Christmas/Kwanzaa or whatever, and that money is probably tight for some. Even I have no money right now, but I managed to make a $30 donation to UNICEF tonight.

But think about this. One-third of the 52,000+ victims of this horrible disaster were children. Unfortunately, it will only get worse for these people, as disease begins to spread among the survivors.

If you can, check out these well-known organizations, even if you can't donate monetarily, maybe there's something you can do.

If it doesn't break your heart seeing the footage on TV of this disaster, then just complete ignore this post. Otherwise, try to do something. I have.

The International Red Cross/Red Crescent

UNICEF (A donation of $30 can help UNICEF buy a five-day course of oral antibiotics to treat one hundred children for pneumonia.)I should say that UNICEF is my personal favorite charity, has been since I was a little kid collecting pennies at Halloween.

It's upsetting, I know. So I will return to posting about Hugh and all that stuff tomorrow. But for tonight, I just wanted you to know where my heart is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding us that there is more to life than Hugh and the material things we think we can't do without. Everytime I see the news I just stare in disbelief that something like this could happen. Sometimes it takes a disaster like this for us to realize how lucky we are and how much we take for granted.

Malki