Friday, November 26, 2004
Dude, WTF?
Fans sue Bronx Bombers
Updated: 11/25/2004 9:37 PM
By: Jessica Schneider
They're just two average guys trying to take down what some people call the Evil Empire. Nick Malossi and Jerry Lonergan have filed a $6 million lawsuit against the Yankees. Malossi said, "George can afford it."But Malossi said it's not about the money, it's about respect. It was September 22 the Yankees were taking on the Blue Jays in New York and Malossi had just gotten up to take a few pictures during the 4th inning. One of the pictures he took was of Jorge Posada's wife and after one click of his disposable camera, he was kicked out of Yankee Stadium and his camera confiscated.
Jerry Lonergan, plaintiff, said, "I couldn't believe that they threw him out just for that, just for taking a picture?" Problem was, Lonergan is legally blind and he needed Malossi by his side. Malossi said, "Trying to figure out, how am I going to make contact with my blind friend in New York City? It was a very very helpless, frustrating feeling."
The two were eventually reunited outside the stadium. But their lawyer, David Brickman, said the whole situation was uncalled for and a violation of Malossi's constitutional right to free speech.
Attorney David Brickman said, "The camera is clearly allowed under their own policies. But it was taken from my client in violation of the Constitution."
Brickman expects a response to the civil suit from the Yankees sometime in the next month. No one from the team was available for comment when we called. But for now, this former Yankees fan has set his sights on the World Champion Red Sox.
Malossi said, "I said a prayer. I prayed to God to take the curse off the Red Sox and put it to the Yankees. When I said it, I meant it."
********************************************
Okay, first of all, I read about this when it happened. The guy is some dirty old perv who was taking pictures of "pretty girls" in the stadium. While they should have let him go back and get his friend, the reason they let you bring cameras into the stadium is to take picutres of the game, players and yourself and whomever you're with. Not just random women because they're pretty. The dude probably takes photos of "pretty girls" all the time and then jerks off to them. He just took pictures of the wrong "pretty girl", Jorge Posada's wife, Laura. She didn't like it and had him removed from the place. I wouldn't like it either, quite frankly.
But the most heinous thing is that this guy is now a Sox fan? Duh. Never was a real Yankee fan to begin with then.

No comments:
Post a Comment