Friday, November 19, 2004

I have a headache. And I'm prattling on about nothing.

I get chronic headaches. Anyone have any ideas? Excedrin doesn't work, even though it's the "headache medicine". Pffttt. Nice slogan. Too bad it doesn't work for me. *cries in pain*
There are three things you can't function well with. Eye pain, ear pain and headaches. They all suck.
I have no idea why I'm telling you this, other than I can. And I'm a dork.
Working from home sucks, by the way, cause all I want to do is take a nap, and I actually could if I didn't absolutely have to get this work done.
I hate Thanksgiving. Not that I don't think the idea of Thanksgiving is wonderful, but like Chandler on friends, I always seem to have bad ones. I either get sick or I'm a complete bitch.
And I really hate turkey. I don't touch the stuff. And I always pick all the marshmallows off the sweet potatoes.
The one nice thing is I never have to do any cooking. My mother does that. Of course, I've just been told that I have to make Christmas dinner again, which thrills me to no end.
Last year, I made a crown roast of pork which I had never made before and nearly ruined, because no one in my family would help me with anything. But it came out okay.
So I've been told that I have to do the same thing this year. But I don't want to do a crown roast again. Maybe something different. I'm thinking beef. No pork, no poultry. Beef Wellington seems like a nifty idea. We'll see if I can pull it off. My culinary skills are sometimes suspect.
Did I ever tell you I wanted to be a chef? But then I realized I didn't want to cook for anybody, and I didn't want people telling me what I cooked was crap, either.
I really have to get back to work.
Ah, screw it, here's Hugh.


Click to enlarge photo

No comments: